We believe that people living with dementia have the right to be treated with respect and dignity, supported by care professionals of all roles and disciplines who treat them with unconditional positive regard, empathy and compassion.
We believe that, fundamentally, most care professionals do what they do because they care. If care professionals genuinely care about the people they support, this will form the basis of meaningful, person centred relationships. But care professionals need more…they need the knowledge, specialist skills and tools to enable those they support to live well with dementia.
We believe that our training equips care professionals to truly understand what person centred care looks like and feels like.
We offer face to face commissioned training in training venues or in-house (Care Home, Hospital, Day Service, Health Centre, Shop, Place of Worship…), ‘open’ courses, coaching and mentoring services, DVD based learning, conference presentations and workshops and Service or Profession specific bespoke training.
All our courses are mapped to the relevant QCF/RQF national requirements and provide the guided learning element for each qualification. In partnership with Qualitas Care & Consultancy we also provide fully accredited and certified QCF/RQF Awards and Certificates.
As our company name suggests, we offer training specifically on topics related to the experience of dementia…nothing else. This means that our training is underpinned by current best practice, policy and legislation aimed at enabling those affected by dementia to live well. Our training is designed to help Services achieve more than just CQC Essential Standards for people living with dementia. We are passionately committed to person centred being which ensures all our learners feel valued, respected and involved in the learning process to achieve their very best.
QCF/RQF Level 2 programmes
- Dementia Awareness (Unit DEM201)
- The Person Centred Approach to the care and support of the individual with dementia (Unit DEM202)
- Communicating and interacting with people with dementia (Unit DEM205)
- Understanding the impact of dementia (Unit DEM 207)
- Understanding behaviour viewed as challenging for Care Workers
- Meaningful Activities for people with dementia
- Understanding Learning Disability and Dementia
QCF/RQF Level 3 Programmes
QCF/RCF Level 5 programmes
- Understanding current policy, practice guidance and research in dementia care (Unit DEM501)
- Working in partnership with family carers (Unit DEM501)
- Leading practice which promotes the well-being of individuals with dementia (Unit DEM501)
- Systems and approaches to supporting staff to deliver person centred dementia care (Unit DEM501)
- Responding to behaviour viewed as challenging for Managers and leaders
If you would like to discuss your staff and Service learning and development needs or find out more about the training we offer, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We are delighted to offer a free face to face or telephone consultation to help in this process.
Please be reassured that we prefer to work very closely with our training commissioners to ensure that the training we provide is the ‘right fit’ for your learning and development needs and required outcomes.